Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day

In tears we saw you sinking,
And watched you pass away.
Our hearts were almost broken,
We wanted you to stay.
But when we saw you sleeping,
So peaceful, free from pain,
How could we wish you back with us,
To suffer that again.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you did not go alone,
For part of us went with you,
The day God took you home.

If Roses grow in Heaven,
Lord please pick a bunch for me,
Place them in my Mother's arms
and tell her they're from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her,
and when she turns to smile,
place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for awhile.
Because remembering her is easy,
I do it every day,
but there's an ache within my heart that will never go away.


You may be gone from my life now, but you are always in my heart and I carry you with me wherever I go. With love, your son.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sad but sweet. I miss me mum too.

Anonymous said...

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I loved your mom. She was so nice. I miss her too. Happy Mothers Day to your Mom.