Thursday, May 24, 2007

4 o'clock in the morn

I am really annoyed with my work hours in the morning now. I can't take getting up this early anymore! I am tired all day long, but at night when I lay down in bed, I am having trouble falling asleep. I keep thinking of something, its always something and I can't fall asleep. Then I finally manage to fall asleep and before I know it the alarm goes off. 4:00 am.

I have to wake up before the sun comes up so I can get to work on time. I am tired of going to bed early and then waking up early. I am tired of watching the sun rise. Yeah, it was nice at first walking to work and seeing the sun come up, now its like bloody hell whatever.

Everything is starting to irritate me right now because I am not getting much sleep. I am so tired right now. I just want to crawl back into bed. I just took a shower, but it didn't wake me up. Now I am sitting here in my towel, still wet, still tired, and now cold and irritated from being cold and tired. I want my bed.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could just go into work and hide at my desk until I wake up. But every morning there is someone at my desk wanting to chat, tell me about their night, or go over some project. Then I have to pretend I am listening to whatever they are talking about and nod my head to indicate a yes or no reply or shrug my shoulders if I suddenly pop back into the conversation and I feel that is needed at that point in the conversation. But in my head all I am thinking is dear God stop talking and let me lay down on my desk and go to sleep.

Now I have friends coming from the States, arriving later tonight. Which means no rest this weekend and very little sleep. Well, time to get dried off and dressed and start my trudge to work. Another day begins.

3 comments:

budajsguy said...

Wait, what? Let's go back to that part where you're wet and wrapped in a towel.

You need to train your people. My employees used to meet me at the door with a Mt. Dew and not come talk to me until it was gone. It was lovely.

Anonymous said...

awww, waahhh! You big baby. Suck it up. You know you're havin a blast. lol

Anonymous said...

I hate mornin's meself.