Monday, April 14, 2008

Is It Wrong...

That I was watching No Country For Old Men tonight and there was a scene that had a lot of dead people in it. I didn't flinch. But they showed one dog that was wounded and limping and another shot dead and I flinched and thought aww poor doggies. I asked myself is it wrong to feel like that? But then my answer was the humans in the movie were drug smugglers and put themselves in that position to be harmed, whereas the animals don't expect to be harmed.

I asked my friend Hamish what he thought and he had the same feelings. He stated when we watch war movies or movies like Hotel Rhowanda we feel empathy for the people being hurt. But still there is something when people see animals being hurt on tv, their general reaction is typical to ours. Maybe its because we see animals as being more innocent than humans?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hated this movie. It ends dumb too. Nothing is resolved. I wasted two hours of my life watching this movie.