Saturday, April 5, 2008

Collage

His bags are packed and sitting by the door waiting for tomorrow to arrive. He went next door to visit his neighbor for a moment and ask them to keep an eye on his place when no one is here. I will pop in every now and then and look after the place myself, but I am going to take a few days before I come back here again once he leaves.


The last time he left I came back within a few hours and it really depressed the hell out of me. Right now I am adding some pictures and songs to his laptop so that when he is feeling a bit homesick he can click on them and feel a little closer to home.



While he has been next door, I was sitting here imagining that he has gone already and eerie quiet of this place engulfed me. That is what I remember the last time he left and I came back here just to feel near him after he left. I thought being around his stuff and in his place would make it feel like he was still nearby. But the dead silence of the place and the realization that he would not be walking in that door anytime soon made him seem ever farther away.


We took my cats back to my place today, watered his plants, cleaned out his fridge, did all the dishes, and cleaned the place, took out the garbage, and took the laundry to my place to wash up sometime next week. So once we leave here tomorrow to take him to drop him off at the airport I can give myself a couple days to get used to him being gone before I need to come back here to check on things.


I keep telling myself I am doing better this time with it all then the way I handled it last time. But I still have that nervous, achy, butterflies in the stomach feeling that makes me want to smoke a cigarette and I don't smoke!


He's back from the neighbors, so I am going to go for now. I am hoping this night goes as slow as possible and I don't plan on getting much sleep. I want to spend as much time with him as I can, there will be plenty of time for sleep after he leaves.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

With all the support I read from your friends on this blog, you'll be fine. Just enjoy the night with him and look forward to when you can see him again.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the monkey he brought you from Africa his last time there? Well, at least while he is gone you can still spank the monkey. Get it, get it???

Anonymous said...

I love Gethin.

American Irish said...

Yep, we do too!