Thursday, May 22, 2008

No African Trip

I received a call this morning from my man telling me that the plans for my Africa trip have fallen through. I won't be able to see him now until he comes back home which is still another 2 months away. I should have known this was going to happen. I had dreams about him all last night and in the dream every time I went to touch him he was always just out of reach. Then I get the phone call this morning and find out that he is now really out of reach and all I want to do is hold him.

Its so frustrating when things are out of my control and I can't do anything about the situation. His voice seemed so sad on the phone when we talked and I could tell he was disappointed too. Once I am over my whiny fit that I am in right now, I will realize the positives and that is he is safe and I was able to hear his voice tell me how much he loved me. I'll just have to keep counting the days until he returns and then I plan on holding him tight and never letting him go.


In the meantime, I will spare everyone that reads this my whiny mood and go wake my flat mate up and whine to him. After all, that is what room mates are for.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your trip. I know you were looking forward to it. But look at it this way, it will be that much better when you do see him in a couple of months when he returns.

By the way, if you talk to your cousin, tell him I would love to hear from him and you also. My email is iowagunns@gmail.com or dgoforth2007@gmail.com.

David

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hopefully you'll be busy enough that the time will fly by until you're together again. Prayers for you both.

American Irish said...

David, I will send your info to him next time we talk, if he doesn't see it before than since he reads my blog sometimes.

And thanks for the comments from you both.

Anonymous said...

Aww, that sucks. I know how much you miss each other. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Honey, you're such a sweetheart, I would come over and keep you company while he is going. But you don't like my breastises!

Anonymous said...

Just heard little buddy. Sorry to hear it fell through. You'll be together soon, just keep your head up.