Monday, May 26, 2008

Irish Aid For Africa


Yesterday I went with some friends to the Irish Aid celebration at Dublin castle. It was a great time and the money raised helps a great cause. Irish Aid is the Government's programme of assistance to some of the poorest countries in the world. Irish Aid works on your behalf to reduce poverty, inequality and exclusion in developing countries. This year, the Government will spend €914 million on overseas aid, making Ireland one of the most generous countries in the world. I never realized how much Ireland provides in assistance until I moved over here.


We took our own food and had a picnic and listened to the music throughout the day. There were book readings and dancing and lots of culture exchanges. I even tried some African food and while doing this and listening to the music I felt a little bit closer to my man who is deep in the heart of Africa right now. Although it also irritated me that my trip was canceled and I won't get to go to Africa and spend time with him, but I'm not going to whine about that right now.

No comments: