Saturday, December 29, 2007

Night At The Cottage

My man has been working long hours at the hospital the last few days and we havn't done much together. So today when he was able to get some time off we went to visit some of his family and friends and tonight we are staying in a little cottage in the country.

You can tell no one has stayed in this cottage for some time now as the furniture has an inch of dust on everything. We even had to chop some firewood to get the stove going because the old wood is no longer good to burn. While chopping some wood, I accidentally dropped a log on his foot and now he is walking with a limp and his foot is sore and has a bruise.

After cutting the firewood, he decided he wanted to sit and rest his foot for a moment, so I went to take a shower. I was only in for about 10-15 minutes, but by the time I was done with my shower, all the hot water was gone. Shortly after I started getting dressed in the bedroom, he went to take his shower. I heard the water turn on and then all I heard was cussing. He walked into the bedroom with his towel around his waist giving me a look. I told him I didn't know the hot water was going to run out that fast. Its been about an hour now and he is still waiting for the water to get warm enough for him to get a shower.

While I was in the bathroom getting dressed, I noticed the bedroom smelled musty and old, so I sprayed what I thought was air freshener around the room. But it wasn't air freshener, it was bug spray. I about choked us to death! Now we can't even go in the bedroom. He was looking forward to a good nights sleep and now we may have to sleep in front of the fireplace on the floor.

Because of all this I am on time out. He told me to sit in this chair and not move until he is done with dinner. So I figured I would send one last posting out before something else happens tonight in case the authorities need to know what I was doing in my last hours.

6 comments:

budajsguy said...

I just love you! I was laughing so hard my roommate made me read this to him. See, this all could have been avoided if you'd just showered together! Just a note for next time! Love ya, kid. Have a terrific New Year!!

Anonymous said...

You're an idiot. lol

Anonymous said...

A bunch of us are hanging out tonight and we are just laughing at this and you. I can't wait to see you. We all love ya.

Anonymous said...

Your man is a saint to be with you. Poor guy. I'm almost afraid to hear what happened later on.

American Irish said...

I survived, but that was one long night!

Anonymous said...

this is funny