Saturday, December 22, 2007

Burnt Money - Plata Quemada



I love this movie and after watching it last night it is still my favorite gay themed movie. I have this movie in my video collection and my room mate wanted to watch it, so we did. After watching it he came away a fan of the movie too. I've seen the movie about a hundred times now and because of this I didn't really need to pay attention to the movie. I found my mind drifting off to thoughts of a boyfriend I had for four years who comes from Argentina.

This movie always reminds me of him and thoughts of him usually pop into my head when I am watching it. But for some reason, last night was kind of different. I couldn't stop thinking about him, about us and the times we we're together and happy. He was the love of my life until I met the man I am with now and I still love him very much. He worked at the Argentine Embassy in Washington, DC and I met him when I was working at a computer company in DC.

He was one of the kindest, sweetest, gentle, caring, loving men I have ever known. We dated for about four years. I was ready to spend the rest of my life with him. But he wasn't ready to make a commitment. We broke up when he was reassigned back to his home country. He kept the fact that he was gay hidden from his job and family and it would have been impossible to explain me moving down there with him. So he moved and I stayed behind. We tried to make a long distance relationship work, but eventually it ended. But we ended it as friends and I never really got over him.

Thought of him have popped into my head a few times here and there throughout the year, but I was always able to just push them away and go on. But for some reason last night I laid awake in bed thinking of him. Wondering where he is, is he safe, where is he working and living, and is he happy with life and with someone else? I now have the urge to call the last numbers I have for him and see if he will answer. I would love to hear his voice again and catch up on life.

My current guy knows me well and he sensed I was thinking of something after we started watching the movie. He said I just seemed different, so he asked me what was on my mind. I was honest with him and told him and he understood. I wasn't the first person he fell in love with, so he can relate to what I was thinking and feeling. He told me I should call and see if I can reach him. He said he has no problem with that and would not be upset by it. But if I got on a plane and went to Argentina after talking to him, he said that would be my last day on Earth. Ah love is great, if you can't be with the one you love, kill 'em!

Now that morning has arrived and its daylight, I am kind of thinking of not calling and just letting it all pass. I guess I will wait and see how I feel about it later in the day.




Nene & Angel
Uploaded by jief75

A Sexy Music Video of the movie


Top Blogs

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should call. What purpose would it serve?

Anonymous said...

If you do call him, let me know his address. I would like to send him a christmas card.

Anonymous said...

Your guy trusts you too much. I would kick you ass if you called him. But you know I love you.

American Irish said...

In the light of day of decided not to call him. The past is best left in the past. But after coming to that conclusion, my cousin emailed me and told me he still keeps in contact with him. Gotta love my cousin and his surprises!! He is in Beunos Aires and is dating a girl his family set him up with and while my cousin is not sure if he is really happy or just pretending when they chat, that is what has become of his life.

budajsguy said...

You know, because of you this is one of my favorite movies. From my own experience, I'm glad you didn't call, no matter how great the temptation. It's never quite the way you work it out in your head. And then you are left with that bittersweetness attached to otherwise good, if slightly painful, memories.

But your damn cousin, I swear!! I just don't know what to think about that boy!

I'm glad you're in love. And that your man knows you so well and still trusts you! :p You're both very lucky. Have him give you a kiss from me.

Happy Holidays.

Anonymous said...

At least you know what happened to him now. How oome your cousin keeps in touch with him, but I never get a reply when I email him. The rat bastard.

Anonymous said...

VÍDEO FANTÁSTICO

Anonymous said...

Uma história muito sad

Anonymous said...

Great movie