Sunday, February 26, 2012

Academy Award - Movie

My pick for Best Movie of the Year is The Artist.  I am a fan of classic movies and that time in history of Hollywood so I loved this movie.  But I have to say I also loved War Horse, Midnight In Paris, and The Help.  So if one of them pulls off an upset I wouldn't be upset. 
I loved that we get to see war through the eyes of an animal.  We often overlook the hell that animals go through during man's inhumanity to man so I loved this point of view.
I'm not a fan of Owen Wilson or Woody Allen and when I watched this movie I wasn't expecting to like it.  But as I watched it I felt myself really getting into the movie and it's now one of my favorite movies of the year. 
Race issues of the last century have been covered many times in movies, but not from the view of the help.  So while it was somewhat predictable, the acting is what made this movie.  Plus it taught me to never eat anything made by someone who is mad at you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You called the movie war house. lol

Anonymous said...

Wasn't expecting Meryl Streep to win. Thought the black lady was gonna win.

steventx said...

In my opinion, the actor should reveal themselves as that character to make us not see the actor, but moreso the person they portray. Masks and make up does not a character actor make! Mettle used makeup to win...