It's a cold St. Patrick's day and we're in need of something warm to keep us going through the day.
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds of Lamb or Beef, cut into 1 inch chunks. I use beef.
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour or Wondra
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon dry Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Bacon Drippings (can use Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 4 small Onions, quartered
- 2 ribs Celery, cut in 2 inch pieces add in any leaves for extra taste
- 2 medium White Potatoes, peeled and cut in large chunks
- 2 small Turnips or Parsnips, peeled and large diced
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 4 oz frozen Green Peas or 1/2 cup dehydrated whole Green Peas
Place all meats back into the skillet and add the vegetables and herbs to the meat. Cover with water. If using dehydrated green peas put them in skillet now.
Reduce heat to low – medium low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. If using frozen peas add them now and cook for 5 minutes. Serve with Irish Soda Bread, Irish brown bread or any crusty type bread with creamy butter.