Friday, July 6, 2012

A Romantic Moon

Nothing is more romantic than holding the one you love under a moonlit night and nothing beats a Harvest Moon or a Summer Moon.  I remember as a young teenager sneaking out of the house and meeting my friends and sitting up all night talking, laughing and watching the moon cross the sky.  When I close my eyes I can still vividly remember the sounds of the crickets, the cool-dewy mist that would settle on the grass, and the bright stars of the constellations we tried to name.  


I'm back home again from being at sea and it was wonderful spending a day on land walking around, shopping, eating, and not smelling anything fishy.  I brought three kittens home today to spend some time with our cat to see which one he likes.  My friends are going to adopt the other two.  They are all curled up around the computer sleeping as I type this at the desk.  So far my cat hasn't warmed up to any of the three.  He just sits there watching them tackle each other and trip over things as they chase each other.  He looks at me like what the hell is this?  They're a bunch of F*ing idiots.  lol  

Its about 3:30 in the morning and I couldn't sleep.  I'm used to be up at night on the ship.  I was looking forward to a night in my bed, but just can't fall asleep.  Gareth is at work so I can't even wake him up to do unspeakable things to him.  I just ate a a bagel with some pineapples and some warm milk and now I'm getting sleepy.  I don't want to wake all the sleeping kitties, so I'll share the couch with my cat and try to get some rest before the kittens wake and decide 5 am is a good time to start the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home.